Welcome to our blog page here at Speer Floors! We are Modesto’s best option when it comes to hardwood, laminate, vinyl, carpet, and tile. Are you interesting in getting new floors in your home? Contact us today or come by and check out our amazing indoor showroom! We’d love to help you get the floors that you’ve always wanted.
Making updates to your home can be extremely exciting for homeowners! You’re not only moving one step closer to having the home that you’ve always dreamed of, you’re increasing the value of your property. Though you may not be thinking about selling anytime soon, the idea of getting a great profit for our Modesto homes always seems to be in the back of our minds. When potential buyers do start to browse your much-loved home, there are a few updates that will attract their attention more than others. In today’s blog, we’re going to look at some of the most valuable home updates of 2018.
We know that this is a vague description and it’s understandable to question which bathroom updates would be best. However, when it comes to modernizations in your bathroom, it’s almost impossible to go wrong. Here are some of the best ways to make your powder room a hit when it comes time to sell.
- Tile Work – With all of the amazing and creative ways that you can add tile to your bathroom floor, sink, and shower, this is an extremely fun update to add. Add some subway tile to your tub/shower area, create an awesome backsplash, or some sharp-looking flooring.
- New Lighting – If your house was built over 20 or 30 years ago, there’s a good chance that the lighting fixtures in your bathroom are in need of updating.
- New Fixtures – An updated toilet in a bathroom that also has a modern sink and faucet can add a lot to the feel of the room.
However you choose to go about doing it, modernizing your bathroom is a great way to add value and class to your Modesto home. For great bathroom update ideas, check some out here.
As valuable as bathroom updates are, changes and improvements in the kitchen are also incredibly valuable for resale. Some of the most popular ways to update the kitchen in your Modesto home are listed below.
- New Appliances – Updating the appliances in your kitchen is a great way to give your home a more modern feel. You may even start noticing an improvement in your energy bills.
- New Flooring – Whether you want to update your entire home’s flooring with a gorgeous hardwood, or you’re thinking that tile would look nice in the kitchen, consider this update because it’s absolutely one of the most valuable to many buyers.
- New Countertops – You don’t have to choose granite to have great-looking countertops; you could opt for tile, marble, or many other things!
- Refinish the Cabinets – Instead of completely changing out your kitchen cabinets, consider having your existing cabinets refinished to change the look and feel of your kitchen.
Though we’ve talked above about adding new flooring to the kitchen and bathrooms of your beautiful house in Modesto, changing out the flooring in your entire home can add so much value, class, and comfort to your property.
- Engineered Hardwood Floors – Do you love the idea of the look of hardwood without the cost or maintenance? Engineered hardwood floors are beautiful and convenient.
- Laminate and Vinyl Floors – If you’re not interested in hardwood or engineered hardwood, consider getting flooring that is vinyl or laminate. These are much more durable than the former and they still have the gorgeous look of hardwood floors.
- Carpeting – If you have small children or you simply like the comfort that carpet can create, you’ll love having nice, cozy carpeting that’s new and improved. Add carpet to your bedroom, family room, or child’s playroom.
- Tile Flooring – The best thing about having tile installed in your home is that you can create a unique, one-of-a-kind look that is different from anything else.
Contact the Experts!
For all of your flooring needs in Modesto, contact us at Speer Floors! We’d love to help you with the installations of your carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, or tile flooring. Contact us today or come by and take a look at our Modesto flooring showroom!